Sunday, January 24, 2010

24 January 2010

Well... it’s been a while since my last post. I used up my internet cap and had to wait till I could afford another one. Don't get me started on the cost of internet in South Africa. From what I've read, South Africa has the most expensive internet in the world. I once read an article that said it would be cheaper and take less time to fly to Japan and download a file in an internet cafe than to try and download the same file from a South African dial up connection. Flying to Japan is expensive. I think that that article was utter sensationalism but it still had a point. Internet in South Africa is way too expensive. Moving on…




So life is looking really peach right now. I'd like to think of it as divine intervention. I started a fast with my church a few days ago and since then two really fantastic things have happened to me. Firstly, I received word that I had won an arbitration against the Department of Education which means that I am now permanently employed. I’ve been waiting almost 2 years for this to happen and have endured endless heartache, victimization and even lost my previous job as a result. Then a few days later I found out that I had won tickets to a VIP vampire themed party. Now for anyone who doesn’t know me, I am obsessed with all things vampire. I'm not delusional enough to want to be one, or to believe that they exist but I am fascinated by the idea of them. They are powerful, tortured, intriguing, sophisticated, gothic and sexy. Winning this competition is utterly surreal. Unfortunately it’s in another city so I will incur some expense in attending the event but its a once in a life time opportunity and I don't want to miss out. I sent in my RSVP immediately, convinced my boyfriend that we absolutely had to attend, booked the flights and to spoil myself, I also booked into a five star hotel. I might as well go all out. Now the only detail I need to attend to is what to wear. I'm thinking something elegant, gothic and sexy… something in lace. I have a stunning burgundy corset overlaid in black lace but I also have a black lace up corset with off-white floral bead work. One of them should be perfect for the occasion. Now I just need to get a nice lace skirt to match and I'm set. Naturally, it has to be black. It is my favourite colour after all. I'm really excited. I never do anything this exciting. I mean going to the movies is an event in my life. Flying off to another city, staying in a 5 star hotel, attending a VIP party... it’s all something out of a movie and I'll get to live it. I’m still in denial but happy too. It’s an odd feeling, having something to look forward to. I can learn to like this feeling. I think I’m becoming optimistic. Hmmm… oh well, it’s a great way to start the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment